FOUNDATION CONTINUES ITS PARTNERSHIP WITH PLL AND OMEGA U
The George M Hampton Foundation is proud to continue its affilation with the Omega U program. OMEGA U is career readiness mentoring program that focuses on character, leadership, scholarship, and community service by exposing students to various careers, lectures and tours, educational workshops, and seminars while instilling the four Cardinal Principles of Manhood, Scholarship, Perseverance, and Uplift. The OMEGA U mentoring program provides after school and weekend activities to male students in our local community. The program partners with Prince William County Public Schools (PWCPS) and school Principals, to ensure a top quality and successful mentoring program with measurable outcomes.
The following schools are participating in the program:
- George M Hampton Middle School,
- Potomac Middle School,
- Freedom High School,
- Potomac Senior High, and
- Henderson Elementary.
This program has expanded greatly and held many events in support of the youth in our community. A few examples of the program activities include:
- Team building and networking venues. Omega U has hosted several sporting activities and field trips. This year Omega U hosted a bowling Fun Day that included several other youth organizations including Delta Academy, Young Men of Distinction, Kappa League, Alpha Academy, and Future Kings.
- Participation in the Martin Luther King Oratorical Celebration where student received community service credit.
- Hosting its first annual Black History program where the students lead and planned the event to showcase their leadership skills.
- Providing community service support to the Salvation Army, USO, and via Adopt a Highway participation.
- Lecture series covering such diverse topics as: personal responsibility; designing, engineering, and construction of wood projects; and the principals of manhood, scholarship, perseverance and uplift..
The program continues to grow and reach more youth every year. Please help us continue and strenghten this program. Show your support by making your donation below.